We know you’re obsessed with your Ovale Elite brushes and the flawless, airbrushed finish they give you every day. To keep those super soft fibres in perfect working order, you’ll need to show them some TLC on a regular basis.
Don’t worry, we’re not talking scheduling a night in purely to show them some attention, but putting aside 5 minutes every week to give them a deep clean will keep them in tip-top condition.
What happens when you don’t clean your brushes? Girl, you really don’t wanna know…oil, old makeup, dead skin, sweat and other unwanted debris builds up over time, creating a playground for bacteria. This can cause skin irritation, acne and fungal infections. As delightful as that all sounds, we’re guessing you’d prefer to steer clear.
Not sure how to go about cleaning them? We’ve got you covered.
Pro tip: Only use cold or lukewarm water and change the water for each brush.
- Place a small amount of water in a bowl.
- Add a couple of pumps of liquid antibacterial soap and mix in.
- Keeping the handle dry, dip the brush hairs into the water and swirl in a circular motion until the brush appears clean. You can do this against your hand to coax out any leftover product if needed.
- Remove from the bowl and rinse under cold water.
- Lay the brush on a towel to air dry.
- In between cleans, you can use a gentle makeup brush cleaning spray.
Don’t be tempted to use a hairdryer or other drying device as this can damage your beautiful brushes. Instead, remember to clean them at night or whenever you won’t need to buff, cut or contour for the next 12 hours or so.
Your Ovale Elite brushes are an investment. By looking after them properly, they’ll continue to give you streak-free, even and luminous skin every time.
Still need a little help? Chat to one of our experienced care specialists at email@example.com