1. Immerse your skin in warm soapy water. The warmer the better, just don’t scald yourself. Make sure the water is sudsy and soak for around 10-15 minutes. This will help loosen the nail glue.
2. Gently scrub the area with a clean toothbrush, emery board, or nail buffer to help lift off bits of raised glue. Don’t rub or pull.
3. Immerse the area in acetone based nail polish remover, if possible. If not, soak a cotton ball or pad in the acetone solution and place onto the area. Hold for around 10 minutes. The combination of the acetone and the heat will help break the bond of the glue. Acetone can sting, so make sure to avoid any areas of open skin, such as paper cuts or hangnails.
4. Gently brush the area again to remove any remnants of glue.
5. As acetone is drying, rub the area generously with oil/ hand moisturiser. This will moisturise your skin and may help rub away any glue residue that remains.